As can be seen many times in the comment section of my blog, the default avatar, the “mystery man” is inserted as a side image when you make a comment. Have you ever wondered how to insert your own picture instead of the “mystery man”? It’s quite simple actually! By using a free service called Gravatar – an abbreviation for globally recognised avatar, you can ensure that every time you comment on any blog using your linked email address your globally unique avatar will appear.
On Gravatar users can register an account based on their email address, and upload an avatar to be associated with the account. Every time you make a comment, ensure that you use your registered email address, and your profile picture or logo will automatically appear next to your comment.
Here’s what you need to do:
- Go to the Gravatar website by clicking here
- At the top click on “Log in / Sign Up”
- Add your email address which you use when commenting and press “Singup”
- You will receive a confirmation email including a link that will activate your account
- Once activated you can set your password and upload your image
Leave a comment on my blog and your avatar will appear – try it out!
Thanks for visiting!